- Implement the practices within Langley’s Teaching and Learning Framework in all classrooms.
- Implement Universal Design for Learning strategies in all schools as outlined in the District’s Universal Strategies guidebook and the Teaching and Learning Framework.
- Implement Response to Intervention systems and structures in all schools.
- Review School Action Plans for Learning to ensure they are in alignment with District goals related to Intellectual Development.
- Target literacy from K-12 and implement strategic actions resulting from regular examinations of District and Provincial data.
- Determine essential learning standards in literacy at each grade level.
- Revise Balanced Literacy Guides K-8 and create elaborations, resources and supports to enhance Balanced Literacy Guides aligned with evidence-based literacy instruction and assessment.
- Provide opportunities for new teachers to develop a deeper understanding of evidence-based reading instruction through opportunities such as Bootcamp, Mentorship and Professional Learning sessions.
- Target interventions to schools that require intensive support.
- Collaborate with secondary school staffs to shift mindsets regarding “ownership” of literacy; shifting to literacy development that happens in every discipline area.
- Develop a district audiobook and e-book library to provide universal access at secondary and support secondary schools in increasing adolescent reading for pleasure.
- Finalize and share the District’s Balanced Numeracy foundational guide and online elaborations with schools.
- Determine essential numeracy learning standards at each grade level.
- Distribute resources to support targeted implementation of numeracy.
- Provide district-wide professional development in numeracy instruction.
- Support secondary schools in shifting mindsets regarding “ownership” of numeracy skills development; numeracy is found in every discipline area.
- Support middle and secondary teachers in using visible thinking processes in Math instruction.